Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stock Photography

You may or may not remember my previous post about the free stock photography site http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml. I recently rekindled my love affair with the site and found some photographic gems to edit. Not that they needed editing, that's just what I do. :)

The original photographs are on the left and my versions are on the right. Their respective photographers are binababy12, leroys, and hara18.




Details: I edited the photographs in GIMP and PowerPoint. With the first picture, I loved the boy's face and just wanted to do some light touching up. The second picture is so powerful, that's what first caught my attention. And although it's not intended to be a glamour shot, I did wonder if I was up to the challenge of smoothing out some of those wrinkles. The model in the third picture is beautiful and I just wanted to add some color to the face and shade to the background. Just for my own amusement, of course. :)

No comments: