Friday, May 29, 2009

Mosaic Effect

I often play around with the Mosiac Effect in GIMP but I've never had it work out well. Probably because I'm using it on the wrong kinds of pictures. Anyway, I was editing a photograph today, and with only a minor amount of adjusting, I noticed a portion of the picture looked something like this first image. Thinking it was too good to pass up, I swirled my pic using the Liquify distortion.



Then I kept playing around and added a Mosaic-ed layer. :)

Details: The Liquify and Mosaic Effects can be found in GIMP under "Filters" and then "Distortions."

3 comments:

Abas KS said...

Umm..I like the swirl on the right. It looks quite delicious, like golden honey.

I'm not the mosaic kind of guys. The stuff just looks stressful.

Abas KS said...

How the heck this the 's' get in the 'guy'? :-/

Surely, the mosaic effects look much better from afar. At least for me. Good examples. :-)

Catch you later, Elizabeth.

Abas
aimvotal.com

Elizabeth said...

You crack me up! :)