Monday, December 29, 2008

Model S Revisited!

My friend Model S came to town and we had a fun photo shoot. I haven't finished editing the pictures yet but I've worked on some. We wanted to go somewhere crazy to get cool backgrounds, but since we had only a little amount of time, we decided to just take pictures in front of a background we could wipe out. The backgrounds I ended up inserting were courtesy of Stock.XCHNG, a fabulous free stock photo site http://www.sxc.hu/.

I just erased the background (using in part the the intelligent scissors and in part various erasers) of my Model S picture and inserted the background pictures as a different layer. I also tried to give a more merged look by overlaying some black on a blank layer that I placed at the forefront of my GIMP file before saving as a jpg. They're not perfect sure, but I still thought the idea was kind of fun. :)

No comments: