Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Beauty and the Beast"

I was just reading about the Disney classic on Wikipedia and learned that Beauty and the Beast "is the only full-length animated feature film to ever be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture." Crazy! Anyway, this little girl wanted to be a Disney princess so we made her dreams come true and stuck her head on some Belle in a parade. Do you have a dream too? :)



Details: I edited this photograph in GIMP. (The original photograph I simply found on the internet. Using copyrighted materials to create parodies falls under fair use in America, thankfully!) :) When blending two images (in this case, the face with the background), I find it very helpful to keep the two layers separate while working so that towards the end you can recolor the layers to better match one another. I like the "Curves" tool best for this kind of recoloring.

No comments: