Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blog Headers and Backgrounds

You remember my needy sister from last post, he he, right? :) She commissioned for a header and some background images for a family site she runs. The font I used is called "Scriptina" and was created by Apostrophic Labs. It's a freeware font you can download from 1001 Fonts.



Details: I made these in GIMP. I recolored a photograph I took of a wooden door for the base of the images and then overlayed text at various opacities. Have I mentioned how to do that before? I can't remember, so let's just go over it again.

In GIMP, when you select a layer, you can see at the top of the layer toolbox a range of 0 to 100 with the label of opacity. By lowering the opacity, you decrease the visibility-factor making the layer more transparent. My cousin taught me that. So thanks goes to her. :)

No comments: