Friday, June 5, 2009

Wordle.net

So I think I may have just come across the coolest wordart site ever created for lazy people! :) It's called Wordle.

You can insert your own words or a url to extract text from. The design is automatically computer generated and you can play around with the format to customize it to your likings. I entered this site's url and here are some of the designs. Not bad for three seconds of effort each. He he.

Obviously, this has a lot of potential if you want to do specific themes, like religion, or father's day or whatever. The site asks you to always cite them, but they even give permission for commercial use of the designs. And that's pretty incredible.

One tip: a url must have an associated feed in order to work. So when I tried Lds.org and Mormon.org, it didn't work. But when I tried LDS Newsroom, it worked just fine. So keep that in mind if you're like me and can't fathom actually coming up with a whole list or words. :)

No comments: