Monday, October 20, 2008

The IWarp Tool in GIMP

I suppose proper diet and exercise could achieve the same results, and for health reasons I see those as better alternatives. But for reasons of simple vanity, GIMP's IWarp tool (or Adobe Photoshop's Liquify tool) is simply amazing!!! :)

My family thinks I have a problem, as I've now become obsessed with trying to shrink fat and minimize body area. But don't worry, I'm too lazy to be interested in cosmetic surgery so my problems will only motivate me enough to digitally correct and enhance. He he, okay, so I do have a problem. Here's your warning: the IWarp is quite addictive.

Anyway! After opening GIMP, the IWarp tool can be found by clicking the tab on the top tool bar entitled "Filters," following the drop-down box to "Distorts" and following that drop-down display to "IWarp." You can adjust the deform settings based on what you're trying to accomplish. For shrinking fat, I recommend using a combination of the deform modes "Move" and "Shrink" with an enlarged deform radius and an enlarged deform amount. But play around with them and find out what's just right for you.

Details: Just playing around with IWarp in GIMP. I realize you don't know how skinny I am to begin with, so you don't know for sure how well the IWarp worked. I considered throwing in before pictures, but it's just not gonna happen! :) You can take my word for it: the IWarp tool is wonderful! Again, for health reasons, it shouldn't entirely replace proper health, nutrition, and exercise. Blah, blah. :) I threw in this photo to remind you, but mostly just myself, you can go too far with IWarping.

No comments: