Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Opacity

In building on the last post, which talks about the wonders of having separate layers in a photo workbook, I thought I'd also mention the fact that GIMP lets you change the opacity of each layer. This makes for some fun effects if you want a slight overlay of the same image or even an entirely different image.


Details: For the first picture, I added an overlay of an enlarged version of the same picture (of the Provo, Utah, LDS Temple) and an additional overlay of a picture of wood (which is what added the various specks throughout the sky.) On each of the second two pictures, I added an overlay of a picture of grass (which is what added the subtle blurred, antique look.) With the overlay layers, I just changed the opacity levels in GIMP until I liked the results.

2 comments:

Anak Dokan said...

The result is impressed. I like the antique image.

Elizabeth said...

Oh thanks!