Friday, October 17, 2008

The Software

I've spent the last 15 years or so playing around with various photo editing software programs. I started out with Paint. Because it was my first program, it will always hold a special place in my heart. But my how the programs have come along over time! I currently dabble in GIMP (the poor man's Adobe Photoshop), Inkscape (again, the GNU version of Adobe--but this time Illustrator), Microsoft Office Picture Manager, PowerPoint, and other random programs with photo editing capabilities along with some websites offering free services like Picasa, LunaPic, and BeFunky. I've decided life's too short to tie myself down to just one program.

I hope to, in future posts, share some of the pros and cons to each program that I've picked up over the years. And even better, hopefully you'll share with me some of your tips too. I love learning new tricks! Thanks, in advance. :)

No comments: